Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Prayers: Answered or not?

Lately, I've been praying for God's will; to use me in the way I'm meant to be used. In addition to that, I've been praying for my own personal wants. I've been praying and praying, and hoping for a certain outcome to a situation that I've been dealing with, and today I recieved a resounding NO...loud and clear. Trust me when I say it's not what I wanted. I was angry at first. I was upset, I cried for about a half hour. Then, after thinking about it, the answer became clear. The answer wasn't a resounding No, but a soft yes. I asked for God to use me the way I'm meant to be used, and He's doing exactly that. It may not be the way I wanted to be used, but that's where God's will and our wants come to battle. Just because I want something, doesn't mean it's good for me, or right for me. If it's not in God's plan for me, do I really want it? Should I really want it? Even if it's not according to my plan, I should be happy that my prayer was answered according to His plan. And after much thought and prayer, I am. I accept His will and His plan for me, even if it's not what I wanted or planned for myself.

Just something to think about...

No comments: