Sunday, July 20, 2008

I am changed...

I've been sitting here for the last few hours, trying to figure out how in the world I can express what this past weekend meant to me. You see, this weekend, I attended the St. John Vianney Women's ACTS Retreat. I went in not knowing a single solitary soul, and very unsure of what would happen over the course of the weekend.

Maybe you've been an avid reader of my blogs, and maybe this is the first time you've landed here. Regardless, know this. I've always been a woman of faith. I've always put my trust and cares in the Lord. Until this past year. The past year has been a rocky one, and although I didn't walk away completely, my heart was closed and angry. I would go to Mass at least once a month, but while I was there, my arms were crossed, and my spirit was asleep.

This weekend was truly a work of the Holy Spirit. I am forever changed. I'm back. I'm the woman I once knew, only I'm not. Yes, I'm still the care-free crazy wacky woman I've always been, but now, rather than try to control everything myself, I'm putting it all in God's hands.

Jeremiah 29:11 says
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

I don't know what God has in store for me, but whatever it is, I'm done trying to figure out for myself.

Psalm 86:15 says
"Lord you are a merciful and gracious God"

And that He is...I have a peace within me that I haven't had in a VERY long time. It's unexplainable. Actually, it's not. It's the holy spirit, working in me.

I will say this- if you have the opportunity to go to an ACTS retreat, whether it's Men's, Women's, or Teen's, GO. For those of you who keep saying you could use an Awakening experience, this is it...Not the same talks, and not the same surprises, but it's phenomenal none the less.

No comments: